Monday, July 04, 2005

HOW TO GPS Tag Photos: Flickr, Mappr, Google Earth....

Here's the simple, non-techy way of tagging photos with the location of where you took them on planet Earth. There are lots of ways to do this, and I'll write about those later- but this is fun thing to do over the holiday weekend. As an added bonus, I'll show you how to see your photos on a cool Mapping application called Mappr, as well as Google Earth. After hanging out at Where 2.0, I've been more interested in tagging my photographs with where they were taken with the exact latitude and longitude so I can later do some interesting things with them. This how-to is just the start of some mapping hacks, step-by-steps etc- I wanted to start out with the simplest method possible so even the non-techies can play. Also, if you have suggestions or other ways of doing this, please add them in the comments! For this how-to all you'll need is: * A digital camera. * A free Flickr account. * Optional: Cheap GPS off Ebay or wherever. LINK | Google Earth | Flickr | Geobloggers | Mappr And: HOW TO make KML data for Google Earth

No comments: